03 June 2014
The Donegal Bar Association Dinner In Letterkenny
The Donegal Bar Association hosted a dinner for the Law Society President John Costello and director general Ken Murphy. The dinner was held at Castlegrove House in Letterkenny where a number of legal items discussed by solicitors from around Donegal. The items on the agenda included issues raised by Donegal practitioners included Land registry delays.
- Eunan Gallagher Gallagher McCartney Solicitors
- Joann Carson Quinn Dillon Solicitors
- Catherine O'Doherty, Solicitor
- Margaret Mulrine, Margaret Mulrine Solicitors
- Jane Lanigan Lanigan Clarke Solicitors
- John Costello
- Judge Paul Kelly
- Marian McCartney, Gallagher McCartney Solicitors
- Ken Murphy
- Niall McWalters, O'Gorman Cunningham Solicitors
- Geraldine Conaghan, McBride Conaghan Solicitors
- Garry Clarke, Lanigan Clarke Solicitors
- Paddy McMullin, VP McMullin Solicitors
- Dominic Brennan Gallagher Brennan Solicitors
- Aine Murray, Lanigan Clarke Solicitors
- Philip White, Michael D White Solicitors
- Declan McHugh, Terence Sweeney Solicitors
- Patsy Gallagher, Gallagher Brennan Solicitors
- Catherine Bonner James P Sweeney Solicitors
- Sean Boner, Sean Boner Solicitors
- Brendan Twomey, James P Sweeney Solicitors
- Michael Gillespie Solicitor
Judge Paul Kelly, the District Court judge for District No 1, also attended the event.
Items discussed at the Donegal Bar Association Dinner
A number of issues were discussed at the Donegal Bar Association meeting which also included addressing issues concerning solicitors in the county. With the proposed wind down of the Solicitors’ Mutual Defence Fund the practitioners discussed this item as well as the perennial PII issue.
The Donegal practitioners also raised particular problems that they felt needed to be addressed. Particular items related to ongoing Land Registry delays.