Medication Errors / Prescription Negligence
If you or a loved one has suffered due to a medication error you could make a compensation claim.
What is a medication error?
A medication error refers to a preventable action that results in incorrect medication being administered to a patient. This can sometimes make the prescribed medication making your condition worse rather than better. A medication error can refer to the wrong type of medication given for self administration, or indeed medication such as anaesthetic or injection administered by health care professionals themselves. If this has happened to you or a loved one and you/they have suffered an injury then you/they may be able to claim compensation.
Examples of medication errors include but are not limited to:
- Being given the wrong day wrong medication for your condition
- Receiving an accidental overdose
- Being prescribed medication that effects another previously diagnosed condition
- Being prescribed medication that should not be taken with other medication that you have also been prescribed
- Being given medication that you were allergic to
- Being given medication at the wrong time
Get in touch today
If you would like to talk to us about a medication / prescription error that you are concerned about, please call our clinical negligence team and we will be able to advise you. Lanigan Clarke has years of experience dealing with medical negligence claims* in Ireland and our priority is to offer our customers an excellent customer experience as well as achieving results.
Lanigan Clarke Solicitors Dublin
1 Landsdowne Gardens,
Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4.
Lanigan Clarke Solicitors Donegal
6A Pearse Road, Letterkenny,
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Dublin Office: 01 531 3494
Letterkenny Office: 074 91 29110